- Defend the rights of women and girls in Nicaragua
- Unite against the death penalty
- Speak out for the silenced
- Demand justice for people in the Democratic Republic of Congo
- Call for clean-up of the Niger Delta
- Stand up for women’s rights in Egypt
As always, your urgent action is also needed on our World Wide Appeals.
Also, see what our researchers in the Middle East and North Africa have to say about their work in this special supplement.
Until next time,
Above: Celebrating Amnesty International’s 50th birthday in Togo.
Amnesty international teams blogging from the ground:
UN Security Council must act to end repression in Syria
“Majd Al Kurdy was a junior member of Syria’s ruling Baath party in the small town of Tell Kalakh near the border with Lebanon…” By Salil Shetty, Secretary General of Amnesty International
Mubarak’s trial in Egypt: We have come a long way
“Since the morning I had felt that this was going to be a historic day…” By Mohammed Lotfy, Amnesty International researcher for the Middle East and North Africa
London, WC1X 0DW